Instructions for Library Borrower ID
NOTE! Material on this page refers to the original type of Cougar One Card. See this
page for current borrower card information
- Search the CSU or I-Share Libraries’ catalog for your book or
- Select the item.
- Check availability. If the item is available, click the REQUEST button
at the top of the page.
- Carefully fill the Library Borrower ID field as follows:
Enter 20411 plus your CSUID number from your card up to
the sequence number.
This will result in a 16 digit number, such as 2041198765432101
- Enter your last name (it is not case sensitive).
- Click the "Login" button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the request. You will have to enter
your libprev.borrower ID number, i.e. 2041198765432101, again.
In the example above, the card carries a CSU ID number just below your
The parts of that CSU ID number you will use are
Make the Library Borrower ID as follows:
Keep this new number as your Library Borrower ID for use with the libprev.
online public access catalog (OPAC) and for I-Share. Based on the ID Card
example above this number would be 2041198765432101.
This number is composed of the CARLI member identification number (20411),
a student ID number (987654321), an issue number (01), and a site number
(278) [not on newer cards]. The site number is not used to form the Library Borrower ID. The
number 20411 is the CARLI
member identification number.