The Mission of the Library
Library and instruction service mission:
Library and Instruction Services provides exemplary information and instructional services to guide learning, teaching, research and discovery for the Chicago State University community.
Library and instruction service vision:
To be a dynamic partner in the educational experience at the university.
We support the university mission, values, and vision by:
- Providing access to global information resources through cutting-edge technology.
- Developing user-centered services that foster academic excellence and student success.
- Creating spaces where positive transformational academic experiences can occur.
To create an environment that fosters:
- Intellectual development
- Collaborative learning
- Personal accountability and respect for others
- Academic integrity
- Teaching and technological innovation
- Community development and partnerships
- Lifelong learning
- Space for access, inspiration