Organization, Mission, and Vision
In October of 2011 a committee of Library Faculty, Staff, Administrators and students worked to revise our LIS mission, vision and core values to compliment the new Chicago State University Mission, which can be found here: http://www.csu.edu/news/missionvisioncorevalues.htm
The mission of the Chicago State University
Library and Instruction Services provides exemplary information and instructional services to guide learning, teaching, research and discovery for the Chicago State University community.
We support the university mission, values, and vision by:
- Providing access to global information resources through cutting-edge technology.
- Developing user-centered services that foster academic excellence and student success.
- Creating spaces where positive transformational academic experiences can occur.
To create an environment that fosters:
- Intellectual development
- Collaborative learning
- Personal accountability and respect for others
- Academic integrity
- Teaching and technological innovation
- Community development and partnerships
- Lifelong learning
- Space for access, inspiration
The vision statement of department and offices of the library
- To be a dynamic partner in the educational experience at the university.
The units of the library have well-defined roles. Each unit here describes its vision for current and future functions